NaMeX is doing major enhancements at its oldest datacenter “Caesar”, hosted by CINECA in the heart of Rome.
We kept growing steadily throughout the last year but the unavoidable downside has been to face a space issue. Our datacenter was almost “sold out”, thanks to an increasing demand from ISP to join NaMeX.
We enlarged the space acquiring a neighbouring space and Caesar now has 220 sqm for additional racks and 150 sqm of technical rooms.
We are also working hard on a complete renovation to improve our electrical system. More precisely:
- we are installing an 800 KW engine generator to replace the previous 320 KW generator
- we are installing two new 800 KW transformers replacing the previous two 400 KW transformers
- we are installing one new 500 KW UPS in addition to two existing 200 KW UPS
- we are splitting the technical rooms that will host the two separate electrical systems (A+B) and their UPS systems
- we are replacing all the existing LV switchboards (excluding the Power Distribution Boards)
- we are enhancing our cooling system, replacing a significant part of it, to increase its reliability and redundancy
All those enhancements will be finished by the beginning of October and the new Caesar CINECA datacenter will be ready for service.